I came to a breakfast restaurant which surprised me when I first entered. I’ve been to the same place with the same decorations before but for dinner. I asked the waitress and she said they have changed their line of service to bbq and breakfast.
I ordered a couple dishes and some tea. When it came back, I was surprised by how much I liked the combination of texture, presentation, and the taste of these dishes. One of them with hummus like overall but had crispy pieces inside of it and that made me think of Iranian tah-dig but with a surprise of not getting soggy and staying crunchy even though it was deeply embedded under loads of hummus and oil. The other dish which I first thought is going to be only fried tomatoes and spices came with eggs and cheese and that was also delicious. It was made in a cast iron dish which I think is the best way. I don’t use cast iron at home because it needs maintenance but I appreciate when I am served in a dish that holds heat and feels heavy.
It reminded me of the kind of food my roommate would make. I never ended up tasting any of his food. He believed in peace through business. He even had a book about economics written by himself. Thick book that I never ended up going past few pages of it. It makes me wonder now how would one approach providing a solution to a complex problem to the world? A problem like economics that is basically the description of the veins and vessels carrying the life force through the body of society must be complex.
Nevertheless he had a book about conspiracy theory also, maybe as thick as his economics book. And that makes me wonder, power and money, one seemingly more visible than the other but both at the top of what is human experience at the current point of time.
Are these problems?
There are problems as long as one is not satisfied with their own position in their grand scheme. And funny thing about them is no one can force themselves to attain a position in a sustainable manner. It’s organic and made out of humans and their connections. As much as we want to be detached and free, this detachment comes only with a healthy attachment to parts of this system. We sometimes also see a glimpse of what is going on further away from where we are, how wealth is distributed or how power is enforced upon others and we tend to empathize as humans to make it more humane for others to be. Part of it is also the fear of how the coin could flip at any moment and how fragile our existence is. The kind of tolerance we have built by the comforts of modern life are not sufficient to deal with the harsh truth of reality when Mother Nature wants to see hairless humans acting as good as if they had inches of concrete on their skin.
That’s why it is beneficial for all to have an equilibrium where in all places in the system a certain standard of living is followed. This can slow down the progress that could be achieved by tyranny but nowhere in history, tyranny has lasted more than the life time of the rulers. In contrast, legacy remains and it is not about one and their own family. It is a problem of millennia. A slow but steady movement towards expansion and evolution with the hope that the magic of life still prefers humans to be incarnated and maybe at some point, it is going to have enough of us and prefer the more logical and less sensitive silicon life forms or anything else. Beggars can’t be choosers and that submission to the will of the time and what wants to be seen at the scene of life is the pinnacle of immortality of human beings. We have the choice to choose as if we are in charge but in return, we get to be treated as if we, in our own special form, are as little as a speckle of dust in the grand scheme of things.

No comments:
Post a Comment