Thursday, July 21, 2022

Counting days

 Hi

My laptop monitor is taking its last breaths. I did not turn on a few days ago and I thought it might be a connector issue. So I pressed the connector places and it seems to be fine now. It splashes a bit sometimes but again, a connector issue! wonder how long it is gonna last.

I was thinking how almost strange it is that we had to count days to keep track of what is going on. Without day numbers, when it is morning and you just woke up, today would not be much different from tomorrow or yesterday. I think that was the idea of groundhog day. 

Choosing a linear increment would be the easiest thing we could do but we can agree the speed of time is different sometimes. Some days it passes quicker than the other days. One of my friends was noticing how there is a 3-9-27 days loop cycle in the things he does. From my understanding when he decides to do something, 3 days after, it pops up for him, 9 days after again, and 27 days again. 

I am not saying it is something that is universal but what I can say is you probably will find these kinds of patterns in your time too. 

These are just fooling around with concepts. Of course, at the end of the day, we need something stable to keep our sanity. The quartz crystal will give us a stable rate at which we can move forward in time collectively. But what about our individual timing. Is today exactly one day after yesterday or in the dream last night I spent a week of time with some people? What is my personal date and how old I am?

Dreamworld gives us a first-hand experience and we spend time in it. But the reality we experience there has a different way of ordering events which looks like remembering things from the past when you look at it but its past events has happened in another 3D space which almost shares the same dimension of time. I don't know if I will ever get to a point that I can understand the physics of the dream world or not but it is one thing that has always fascinated me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Buddy

 What’s the water we can’t see? Everything is the way we think of unless it is proven wrong To think of being we think of everything else as...