Yesterday, I got to realize that my car wasn’t working fine. I could feel it at how the RPM would lose stability at low speeds and at mid range. Anyhow, I got out for lunch and things became suspicious. I called the dealership I got the car from to invoke a warranty I purchased with the car and they said they can’t accept the car till almost 3 weeks from the day.
But when he mentioned did I do the oil change often, I told myself maybe I can just check the oil level. I pulled the thing out and saw it was dry dry. There were splashes of oil on it but as I cleaned and pushed in and out there was nothing on it.
So I left work early and took it to Mr Lube which I often do. I had to driver with warning signals on and very slow. I noticed after sometime it became more stable. Maybe the thermal expansion of pistons and engine work together to seal better, I don’t know.
There I found that the manager was working alongside the mechanics. He was a well spoken man and he explained to me how they can see the leakage build up on the sides but they can’t inspect further and a mechanic needs to look at it. They topped up my oil charge free.
So today I am using the public transportation to get to work. It puts things in perspective. The extended duration of being in the cold makes me think of university time. Then, I would just walk 12 minutes in whatever cold and get home. For groceries I would take the bus. Sometimes Glen would help me with his car to get groceries done.
And I am thinking. I have been so submerged in the default mode of thinking that I have barely even used the public transportation. Driving every day and most days, more than 30km times 2.
And the distance I feel is maybe due to this acceptance of going home to work, work to home. Barely any other soul around. And at work I prefer professional distancing which exacerbates the feeling. Maybe here, this mix of energies and smells and sounds, will put us in a position where we share what we have extra and gain what we need
No comments:
Post a Comment