Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Involvement

 Hi

Recently I am looking into how the momentum I gain on a weekend can translate into what my working week looks like. In my mind, the way I look at my workplace is a giant brain of coworkers being interconnected with each other to make something greater than themselves and their personal capacity happen. Or a set of gears. A gearbox that translates the mindset of the driving force onto different gears to do their rotations respectively. 

Taking days off is one gear becoming disengaged and releasing to spin on another system. A system which might be accessible in the evenings too. A weekend makes a more coupled connection to the external world than a night after spending the day at work. 

In the past long weekend, I was involved with many people. I took a friend who came from Montreal to Ottawa to Kingston, I bought a birthday gift for someone who I didn't go to their birthday! (involved but not too much!) then I spent the night at another friend's place with 3 other people. We talked about our habits and we shared the kind of art we like on youtube. I didn't really enjoy what they liked but I was also able to express my criticism about the piece we were looking at. They also were falling asleep when it was my turn. So win-win!

The next day we went for a hike and met another person whom we haven't seen in a while and we meditated in a park close to the river. I am not usually the initiator of these activities but this time the friend I brought from Ottawa was into these things and proposed it. It was a different experience. Usually, I did these things alone but I can see how the universe is reflecting my transformation outwards. 

In the evening the friend who we were staying at their house brought his girlfriend and we made food and she was on-call for the hospital she was working at. We put a movie on we talked through it. We talked about the movies we like and then after the movie about how do we start our days and our fears! interesting conversation.

The next day we went for a 3 people hike again and in the evening we met another girl who was neighbors with the friend we were staying at their house a while ago. She was an electrical technician and she explained to us how they were opening and closing valves in a power plant she was working at. Humongous amounts of power.

I think I am getting more involved with people and learning a lot from them and I am very grateful for it.

I tried bringing this momentum to our workplace and today we had meetings all day and I realized how we can work together and use each other's minds to complete what we lack!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Buddy

 What’s the water we can’t see? Everything is the way we think of unless it is proven wrong To think of being we think of everything else as...