Thursday, June 16, 2022

Loud thoughts

 Hi,

To me, it is funny that I get to experience parallel realities in my dreams. Realities in which the same characters who are already in my life, appear as similar but different people.

I think it is fair to have infinite realities with infinite storylines which lead to the same story happening over and over again but in totally different implementations. The movie Cloud Atlas is almost based on this way of thinking. 

The thing that bugs my mind is why the reality I am currently living in, always seems very grounded compared to the dream world. I am looking for a reason and I might not get to the answer because it is usually incomprehensible to the human mind but I can approach it to convince myself.

Let me tell you how I picture the dream world in my mind. I think here on earth, the same way we have different levels of the biosphere and then atmosphere, we have different levels of being. What I am currently living in is attached to my material body and that is why it has to follow the rules of physics of this universe like collision with other objects and gravity. My thoughts flow in my head but they have to be highly involved with what I am experiencing here and now. 

To branch off a little, some people live more in their minds and some people are more involved with reality. It is fine to be both and balance but sometimes over-imagination leads to unrealistic ways of thinking which are incompatible with the real world and it makes it hard for the person to move through life and figure it out. It is like a puzzle that the person who wants to solve it, is not paying attention to it and it takes them a long time to find out how to resolve the problems in it,

Back to the point, in the thought-sphere of being, we do not have to be bounded to the laws of this reality. It is not like anything is possible. There is still a certain order behind it the same way atmosphere of the earth is free to flow but certain patterns like clouds, rains, tornados, and wind happen in it. It is more flowing and less bounded but still has its own rules.

A way of looking at this universe is an eye and a mirror. The eye is in our head and everything around us is the mirror. Everything reflects back to the eye what is happening in its formless mind. In the same way, you never get to see your facial expressions. You can only see the reactions of it in the other people or in the mirror. Dreaming while sleeping gives the mind a chance to look at a less constrained mirror of itself. That is why in Terence Mckenna's talks you hear the word mercurial to describe the dream. Like the mercury element, the dream world is flowing and reflective. 

Looking at itself in a dream world can open up a window for it to explore what is unavailable for it to explore in the real world. Being is a process of learning and one way or another it must go through what it needs to go through.

Such a mind-bending thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Buddy

 What’s the water we can’t see? Everything is the way we think of unless it is proven wrong To think of being we think of everything else as...