Saturday, November 29, 2025

Sleeping with him




So I finally allowed him in my bedroom

I sometimes just wake up in the middle of the night and my throat and nose and ears start itching like hell and I still don’t know what causes it. That is the main reason I was doubtful of allowing him inside my bedroom. If anything, my symptoms would be amplified. But he was curious about the room and I allowed him inside to see the inevitable end. Surprisingly, not only I was fine but also I found his purring at night soothing. 

It is a symphony of living coming from the living body of this creature. And it’s hard work to keep it going for hours. That is probably why he needs so much sleep. The muscle responsible for these purrings must be sore after so much time. 

This is a thing, we don’t know what they are, as much as we live in a similar world and do what living things do. And I spent so much time contemplating the behaviour of him. What he does and how he spends his time. I sometimes wonder how their simplicity of life allows them to be more instinctual and less intellectual. And that is super important as they feel the surroundings and communicate through the physical gestures not complicated multilayered words. 

And the differences I find in his temper is very different from mine. For example the amount of noise he can be sleeping in is much more than me but he is sensitive to any big movement and small movements don’t raise an eyelash even if they continue for hours. All of these is almost opposite of me and makes me humble to understand how much I don’t understand. For example petting and creasing him is much welcomed, even for long periods of time and even tapping on him is allowed which wouldn’t make me happy. 

He also has a very good understanding of mutual benefit. He likes to sleep on the bed close to me but not too close. He tolerates if I breath too loud or snore but if I make my distance closer than a certain extent that bother his surroundings he just move slightly away. It is not a black and white thing that he goes and sleeps on the couch or the tree. He solves the problem by moving himself to a better equilibrium with smallest adjustments. This was a great epiphany for me to understand how the grey scale can be expanded with much more tolerance. 

The other thing which I don’t understand is if I want to go to washroom he has to come off the bed and he doesn’t lay down till I come. It is like he gets prepared for anything immediately and the switch between sleep mode and action is a split second. I have tried keeping him calm by petting him but it only lasts till my hand is away and he jumps. This gives me a positive feeling thinking that he is not lazy, he is resting but is ready for action. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Buddy

 What’s the water we can’t see? Everything is the way we think of unless it is proven wrong To think of being we think of everything else as...