Saturday, November 15, 2025

postal service girl

 when I arrived, there was a woman infront of me talking to the post service girl. Another girl came and said something to her along the lines of you don't have makeup, you are lying. 

In my mind I thought about how makeup is a cover for the real skin to hide the imperfections and give an ideal look to the person. Is putting makeup on lying or not having it?

But then it was cleared to me that there was probably a group photo coming up for Christmas and the second girl was talking about how the postal service girl didn't have makeup for the photo so she is lying about joining them. 

The woman told the second girl she is beautiful, she doesn't need makeup. And the second girl said so tell it to her and left.

It was a period of silence till the woman was done with what she wanted to do and it was my turn. 

I had a lot of stuff to post and I asked about large and extra large boxes and she showed me a sample and I realized I need the extra large one.

I went aside to pack my things and another woman came to her. I was out of line and I could hear how the woman informed her it is getting crappy outside.

I thought to myself was she being nice or not and the implications of being in the front line of Canada post and answering to each customer about the strikes and then hearing not-so-positive news about how it is going to be crappy outside. Later at night I saw the freezing rain falling and thought to myself, maybe it is good to know about what is going to be hard to deal with sooner than later.

then I grabbed my box and she helped me figure out the postal code was wrong and I called the person who gave me their address and he corrected it for me. 

all that time I was more observant, my older self would bring up questions about the assumption of group photo or how the customer was not so sweet and stuff. But my new self wants to listen more and see what people want to say. As much as it is in my nature to control, it has not gone too far for me.

she brought up whether I am from Turkey or not. And later I realized the way I spoke on the phone made her assume that. I asked her if she is also from the Middle East and she said she is Moroccan and she cleared for me that she is from Morocco, Africa. That is the country I have seen the most people of Africa are from in Canada but I didn't bring that up too. Being observant. I said I am from Iran. The second person I mentioned this to today. The first one was the lady who brought the cat. She asked about where did I travel recently and I told her that. She said she had an Iranian friend in grad school whose name was too long. I thought of my mom's last name in English, which is pretty long, but I did not bring it up. 

I am getting to the point where I don't think of saying anything that comes to my mind. Every conversation is a mixture of silence and words and not every word needs to be thrown in since the complications are not valuable.

I think pizza and love have symbolic relationships. I was warming up a piece of pizza and it got burnt while writing the first half of this post and I threw in another slice. It came out good. it did not even burn my mouth which is something pizza do.

About burning mouth, this morning when I was having my coffee, I thought of drinking it the way I usually just go for slurping hot beverages slowly till they cool down midway but after a couple sips, I decided to wait for it to cool down. It happened after part of my cookie broke down while dipping it in the coffee. Then I said to myself maybe I should just wait and breath till the coffee is drinkable.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Buddy

 What’s the water we can’t see? Everything is the way we think of unless it is proven wrong To think of being we think of everything else as...