Sunday, July 23, 2023

deal

 If you asked me in the past four or five years what I was doing, I would say I am learning to deal with people at some point in our conversation. And by that, I extend the domain which this word covers from the cashier at the gas station to the closest friends or roommates. 

This period of time changed me from a person who wants to see everyone happy to someone who sees the fleeting nature of life and the limited energy of each person to try. Being with a roommate who would never respect me regardless of how grateful I am or how kind I am to them broke my heart, but the pieces came together and made a stronger shell around it. Or having a friend whom I was not acting like myself around, even slightly showed me how much energy it takes from me to wear a mask. The mask shows me better than I am. And by better I mean a person who is too good. Which I am not. I cannot tolerate everything and anything and expect to be fine forever. I developed standards on how mature I want the people around me to be so I can be with them. 

What I learned was architecting a workplace means dealing with the core people of the workplace and being a mirror for each one of them and seeing them grow. If someone is showing slight tones of bossy attitude, I have to reflect on them so they can understand that I do understand. Or being the bad person for someone who wants to distinguish their place in the spectrum. Being too serious with someone who cannot tolerate seriousness does not work. Acting like you like someone but are in reality below the standards requires stepping up and instead of criticizing showing an example of higher standard values. In the end, regardless of what you want to do cannot change anyone who does not wanna change and that is good for you. They are like pillars which you can locate yourself against them. 

The most important thing I learned is parental love, especially the father's love is unlimited and the limit is how much you understand. Mother's love is ever-forgiving and both hearts are made out of gold. Given by the holiest of holies. One thing you can trust about this unpredictable and complex world is the trueness of their love. Everything else is assumptions and may or may not be true it comes in waves and goes away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Buddy

 What’s the water we can’t see? Everything is the way we think of unless it is proven wrong To think of being we think of everything else as...