Hi,
I have been thinking of trying to go far away with myself. The idea was to go somewhere remote in a cabin for a week. But the thing is right now I am far from the time I am planning to do it and I just needed to get away from home for a bit. So yesterday I broke the perfect idea into doable pieces to have a stepping stone towards my goal. In google maps, I zoomed out and zoomed in a bit and found the city of Petawawa, 150km from my place, far enough. I found a motel called Time Travellers motel, sci-fi enough, and I booked a room in it. I put some necessities in my bag and I jumped into the car and left the house. On my way, I thought of a friend who I know is planning to do nothing for the night and I called him, I said I am going there do you want to come. He was shocked but he got ready in 10 mins. It felt like the fan episode of Rick and Morty in bush world. Rick pulls over the house and wants to go to Bendigo.
It was very educational in the sense that perspective matters in analyzing a subject. To look at something you have to go out of it. When you are in it you are a part of it and you cannot have a good judgment.
I think it is important to correct the trajectory once in a while.
This has happened before with my personal relationships and now in my career.
The next day, today, we did not have enough time to explore everything. Both the motel owner and the pizza lady told us to visit Barren Canyon which was 45mins-1hour from there. We had to be back in Ottawa at 12 so we just had time for a quick visit to the beach.
At the beach, I had time to appreciate the beauty of grains of sand. They look like snowflakes in the sense that they look different from each other and they have different shapes. Beautiful to see and very nice to feel it on the skin. The warmth and dryness of the upper layers of sand and the cold and dampness of the deeper layers. The way it is not the softest thing on the skin but feels pleasant to move the hands through it. Some darker, some lighter, some shiny, and some transparent.
And I have to appreciate how lucky I am to have a company with me on this trip.
I have to appreciate more having people who are righteous in what they are doing. As time goes on I see how self-interest makes people pull foul moves. Any moment that is good must be appreciated and what happens is a reaction to our actions.
Today is the anniversary of one of my greatest life lessons.
What I ask from the universe is to put me on the path of having no debt to anyone and having the freedom of choice to not give service to anyone who does not deserve my love. It hurts to open the heart to the ones who are immature and closed-minded because they don't know how their tongue can hurt other people. It's sharp and it cuts.
Today was the father's day and one thing I have to say about fathers is only they know how many times their kids have broken their hearts without knowing what they are doing and they kept on being their fathers. It is such a selfless act to be a father. It is about engaging with another entity in a losing game. It is about letting the kid learn by beating you, by trying their tools, regardless of the pain which comes with it. Being a true father must be the hardest thing the creator has ever asked men to do. To keep the mask up even when your heart is bleeding. To stitch your wounded heart yourself in your loneliness.
I would like to invite you to the song Such Great Heights
If you are sad listen to the Such Great Heights by Iron and Wine
If you are elevated, listen to the Such Great Heights by Postal Service


No comments:
Post a Comment